IS THE TAG ON MY REPUTATION SHOWING? - THESE ARE THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Sunday, May 12, 2013

IS THE TAG ON MY REPUTATION SHOWING?



sorry music is boring today. but deal. plus its not that boring its actually pretty awesome. I'm just lazy right now. and there is sooooo much to tell. 


ANYWAY!!!!!

FIRST: 

Here's something that heterosexual males should probably know by heart... if there are any straight dies who read this.. girls: please educate your men immediately.. 

I was just talking w one of my best friends about how sad it is when men can't dress. fucking pick up a GQ or esquire and copy basically exactly.. wtf is their problem? Its so not okay.. 

for instance: please see below. YUM. 


anyway, i wasn't aware whether or not gentleman were a dying breed... I think men usually look up to Tom Ford.. at least they should, Jesus Christ!!!! (I love how I assume that bc I respect TF so much, that men will as well...) ugh, anyway... lets all hope this helps them. 

Tom Ford's five easy lessons in how to be a gentleman »

1. You should put on the best version of yourself when you go out in the world because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.

2. A gentleman today has to work. People who do not work are so boring and are usually bored. You have to be passionate, you have to be engaged and you have to be contributing to the world.

3. Manners are very important and actually knowing when things are appropriate. I always open doors for women, I carry their coat, I make sure that they’re walking on the inside of the street. Stand up when people arrive at and leave the dinner table.

4. Don’t be pretentious or racist or sexist or judge people by their background.

5. A man should never wear shorts in the city. Flip-flops and shorts in the city are never appropriate. Shorts should only be worn on the tennis court or on the beach.


Listen up. Tom Ford is giving away pure gold here. There’s nothing better than a gentleman. Number three is important. Mind you, it’s not about chivalry. It’s not about courtship and gender roles.. i'm sorry but i'm so sick of uncouth men who have absolutely no clue anyone exists besides themselves.

yea, you owrk on wall street or are a lawyer... go fuck yourself.  Altho Tom Ford is heartbreakingly gay that means he’s not trying to fuck me, he simply knows how to treat the opposite gender and understands the importance of manners. Um helluhhh???? Blame your mother fucking mammas boy if you are lacking in this category.. so listen... Fuck chivalry. Be a gentleman.


SECONDLY:

okay so kinda exciting news!!!

I’ve always loathed Facebook and over the past few months my hatred has gotten super intense and


unhealthy..... There was a time when it was a necessary evil but basically only for stalking purposes.. Exes, girls i feel competition towards, long lost loves.... plus dumb shit I write on my actual friends walls which they wont miss since I talk to them 5 times a day anyway. There was no more denying that my account was SIMPLY A vast collection of exes, one night stands, and random people from my distant past with whom I shared nothing but a hometown or an alma mater.
Uh.. i'm also totally tired of all the cursory acquaintanceship. plus its a fucking burden not worth the upkeep to keep my stupid profile looking like my life is completely fab to random onlookers I honestly dont even care abt.. plus second guessing every damn thing i paste is not nearly worth the potential embarrassment.

I'm gonna keep ranting.. 



I’ve have had enough of Zuckerberg’s hideous blue and white monster and while i'm on the subject I never saw that damn facebook movie but it looked like it was boring as fuck and I don't need to know about some gd Harvard loser who made millions on the lamest soul sucking shit on the Internet. And ppl liked it.. so even tho i didn't even give the movie a chance, that pissed me off too.  and now that it’s blown its mythological load with the big movie, I officially declare Facebook to be done and done.


Facebook has been little more than an irrelevant intrusion for the last couple years anyway, It was all a big chore, really — a gigantic time-suck that required constant scandal pruning once family members and potential employers had to become friends w/ me and started poking around. I imagine it is going to be downright fucking glorious to not have a clue what’s going on in the worlds of several hundred people who are not and never were anything close to “friends.”
Right now, I have no idea whether some girl I went to high school/college/had issues w/... is either married or pregnant AGAIN. I have will now have no idea what some random dude I fucked at (insert horrible one night stand locale..) is now super happy and made partner at his stupid law firm or whether or not my horrible ex is continuing to date a doll he picked out of the dumpster after,, well, we don't need to go into that story. it might take a while but hopefully i'll love not knowing.
In addition, my opinion was influenced by my deep respect for ppl i've been meeting recently who don't have facebook (i.e. they don't waste half of their night on.. well, everything i just mentioned.) 
No doubt i'll find some other completely pointless way to play around o the Internet... but well see.. If i keep posting shit i'll let you know how my mental state is w/o that shit.. 
SO... I’m out. 
I encourage every last one of you who know what I’m talking about to join me. If you’ve ever considered brushing aside that tangled web of bullshit, deactivate your account as well.
Start the trend. I promise, you won’t regret it. Fuck ‘em where they live. well, we will see how i fare. 
OH I also found a fucking gem on the Internet the other day while i was looking for sneakers to buy online. Here's a sneak preview: 

Read the whole blog here: http://textsfrombennett.tumblr.com/
its prob fake but it is still funny as shit so I'm not gonna be a hater. YAY ME.

okay time to go pick some flowers for mom and fgure out whatf i'm going to do today. 

[Valid RSS] Tweets by @ElizabethASpenc